Google+

Sunday 9 September 2012

Dark Vengeance Librarian Conversion to Rune Priest

I know, but I just had to.

I was fortunate enough to snag this guy and the chaplain form a fellow blogger, and had to have a go at converting the guy, surprisingly easy actually, and a lovely model.

I don't have a whole DV box, couldn't justify it, being two armies I just don't have, but I really liked the sculpts and wanted to do something with them.

Here he is, I do have some WiP shots, so might do a "wot i did:" post.











Tried a slightly different paint style, quicker.. you'll see why in the next few days, but I'm fairly happy. I wouldn't rate him "display standard" but he'll do for a playing piece.

Question is, have I moved him far enough away from his dark angel sculpt.. does he read as a space wolf?

16 comments:

  1. Very nice job!

    An axe instead of sword might push it closer to Wolves, but he looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DT.. I did consider an axe, but that sword is cool.. And I didn't want to move it too far from what I liked about the original sculpt

      Delete
    2. I actually think the designs on the sword look just like something that a Space Wold would use. Nice work!.

      Delete
  2. Sexy, love the little green emblem on his chest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a Dark Angels player i want to scream sacrilege but that's a really nice little conversion there. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe high praise indeed.

      Apologies for defiling one of your chapter :)

      Delete
  4. Very wolfie. Esp like the pattern on the sword blade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly can't take full credit.. Its sculpted on there....but I liked it too :)

      Delete
  5. I think you might have replaced the head. The hood doesn't seem very Space Wolf-ie to me. A bare head with wild hair would fit him much better, or even a Space Wolves helmet sculpt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in a lot of ways I agree, but as i said above about the axe, if i'd moved it too far from the original, I may as well have not started with the DV guy.. I wanted it still to be recognisable what the mini was, but to @mod@ it for my chapter.

      Delete
  6. Wow how great!
    I spent my weekend scraping the DA stuff off all the DV models as I have started moding my whole SW army to have DA legs as I wanted them all to have a priest sort of look. Yours looks fantastic! My one feedback would be that a SW priest would not have a book as they don't use written word :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a very good point about that book, which i am choosing to ignore lest i feel the need to scrape it off :)

      Delete
    2. Really? I must've missed that in the fluff. Just goes to show I can still learn a thing or two about my favorite space vikings!

      Delete
  7. Jarl Konrad Bloodtroat27 October 2012 at 11:26

    Really nice one. This jarls really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work on this indeed. I really like how your colors are going with it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...